Donnerstag, 16. August 2012

Projects To Improve Your Skills

Last year, I commenced the 365 Days Project on flickr. It's meant to challenge a photographer in its both creativity and flexibility, because if you start this project you have to upload a new picture everyday. They needn't be connected with each other, because it's more important to come up with new  ideas.

Amazingly, I've already got quite far. This is day 296 of 365


Admittedly, I haven't uploaded a picture strictly everyday because sometimes I was terribly stressed by school or I was simply on vacation and during these days I was impeded from uploading new photographs. I actually started in April, 2011.

There is also a 52 Weeks Project you could try out, which works similarly. However, as the name already gives away you only need to upload one picture per week for one year, ergo 52 weeks.

I highly recommend you to commence such projects, because when challenging yourself you will soon perceive how fast you improve your photography skills. Due to being continuously challenged coming up with new concepts and ideas, you will equally fast improve. Sometimes, it doesn't even take to reflect on new concepts. Simply go outside and photograph what seems interesting to you. Try out new angles, other system preferences, other filters, another environment, etc. Believe me, you're pretty unlikely to run out of subjects for new photographs.

If you feel like being uninspired, I urge you to check out Flickr and Tumblr. On both pages, you will find amazing photographers. In order to find great photographers on Flickr, you merely need to go to the groups section and search for relevant ones such as groups about portraiture, macro photography, etc. and on Tumblr it's even easier, you simply type in a tag. After typing in, abundant relevant photographs will appear.

Bye, Marcel.
Explore the world.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen